Car Restorer / Engine Builder
Hours: Full time
Location: Kingscliffe, Northamptonshire, PE8
(Negotiable based on ability and experience)
Enthusiastic and experienced staff required to assist in all aspects of classic and vintage car restoration with Project Heaven Restoration. We need staff able to disassemble, restore and reassemble prestigious classics to high quality, show winning standards.
Join our friendly team of specialists and be fully involved and responsible for the highly rewarding chance to work on and bring back to life many prestigious and exotic project cars from a variety of locations and eras.
Staff will be self-motivated and have a keen interest in the automotive industry especially with regard to classic and vintage vehicles. Experience and qualifications in this field are vital. The ideal candidate will have sound knowledge and practical experience in mechanical building and reassembly and excellent engine building skills. Experience of fabricating sheet metal and auto-electrical skills are not mandatory but desirable. You will be responsible and heavily involved with the whole process of vehicle restoration.
A keen eye for detail and strong organisational skills to help with project planning for potentially long-term projects would aid the team greatly. No two vehicles will be the same, and jobs can range from paintwork, metalwork, engine builds to full nut-and-bolt restorations. The right employee will be a strong self-motivator, have a good eye for detail and can draw on vast knowledge and experience. Project Heaven have a large workshop with a vast range of plant and machinery available to assist with all areas of vehicle restoration.
Responsibilities and duties
• Building bottom and
• General mechanic duties – body, suspension, subframe, interior, etc
• Installing wiring harnesses, diagnosis, testing and repairing wiring faults.
• Overseeing performance outputs on engine testbed and dynamometer.
• Overhauling and refurbishing components.
• Minor repairs to sheet metal and components
• Refurbishment, shot blasting, cleaning and rebuilding
• Disassembly and reassembly of car interior/ exterior and components.
• Must be able to prepare workstation to accommodate clean-work environment.